Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs (2008)

Last week I mentioned that the fake Narrow Stairs was possibly better than the real one. Well perhaps I spoke a little too soon. It's sounding stronger with every listen and memories of the 'other' one are quickly fading. However, I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a great album. I like it the sense that it's new music from a band I love, not because it's outstanding in it's own right. But all this could easily change as time goes on. Even as I write this, I'm listening to the album and starting to question myself. We'll see.

Long Division
If you're yet to hear the album, it's certainly worth a look. I offer you my favourite track, which is sure to whet your appetite. One-word choruses have never sounded so good.

We Looked Like Giants
And as is often the case, the release of a new album has sent me reminiscing over the back catalogue. There's some gems out there, but I'd have to say that this track takes the cake. It's got great energy and a dark vibe about it. I can almost picture it being used in a movie and as the world was crumbling in the background.....

No comments: