Voxtrot


Voxtrot were one of the first bands I’ve been excited over in a long time. Admittedly the excitement has died down and I can see them for what they really are, just another great band. But when I was into them they seemed like something so much more, it was somewhat like an addiction. Even so, this love did not come immediately. I had their first EP (Rasied by Wolves) and found it nice but inspiring. But upon getting their second EP(Mothers, Sisters, Daughters & Wives), I was reeled in and fell in love with every song, even their old songs came alive. The secret to Voxtrot is that they are not only fiendishly simple but deliciously catchy. They’re such a short way into their career and yet they’re already making such an impact. Look out for them in the very near future.

Fast Asleep – This is THE song. It is the song that got me hooked. If looked at in an analytical way, it’s clear that it’s corny and flawed. But you should dismiss such a frivolous fact and get caught up in the moment that is this wonderful song.

Missing Pieces – Have you ever been listening to the radio, the music passing by your consciousness unnoticed when suddenly a song comes on that you recognise and it hits you how much you like it? You then struggle to remember whom it’s by so you can mentally respect them? Well such an event happened to me with this song. Such an anecdote could so easily have been accompanied by pun using either of the two song titles here but I thought I’d spare you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love voxtrot. i can't go a day without listening to the start of something.

Anonymous said...

Just noticed you're an Australian blogger. Do you know of any other Australian music blogs?

Peter said...

To be honest I know of NO other Aussie blogs. That's kind of why I wanted to give extra attention to local music in mine as I'd never come across a good place for Australian music. Hope fully as time passes I can flesh out the local content a bit.

Just out of interest, do you like any of the Australian bands I've used so far?

Thanks

Anonymous said...

so far i've downloaded fast asleep. i really like it, and it's only my first listen. nice.

Peter said...

thats good to hear. if you want, i can lend you my cd....if i can find it

Anonymous said...

yes please (:

Anonymous said...

theres an australian indie music blog at www.sandwichclub.fm
it has been around since march i think

Peter said...

Yes, I recently found sandwich club and would highly recommend them, as shown by the fact they are at the top of my link list (the top 5 are Australian)