Children Collide

These guys are another band that I had been hearing a lot about, but had never gotten around to listening to. Well thankfully this festival has finally given me a reason to and I regret not doing so earlier. Children Collide’s music is an edgy, obscure form of rock music that seems perfectly suited to the live arena. Unfortunately however, my biographical knowledge is a bit thin. You see the internet has been stubbornly ambiguous in my quest to find out more. Some photos show them with a third, female member and others as just a duo. In one photo, the second male member even appears to be dark skinned and a completely different person! Let’s just say I’m a tad confused. My best guess is that they used to be a three piece, with a female drummer but have now moved to a two-piece who incorporate a drum machine. Correct me if I’m wrong. Whatever the case, the fact remains that Children Collide create a fresh new sound and their high energy is guaranteed to get audiences moving. These guys are sure to grab a lot of attention in the very near future.

Frozen Armies – I’m surprised this song wasn’t more popular because it is very impressive and a lot more accessible than most of their music. The whole song is executed well with the rasping vocals, screeching guitars, heavy bass and steady percussion all combining flawlessly

We Are Amphibious – This is one of their more eccentric songs and it takes a bit of getting used to. I actually think they’ve gone backwards with this latest EP but it’s still engaging enough to make me want to see them live.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No drum machine, have new drummer. Have had two female drummers in the past.

Anonymous said...

yeah I love the new drummer but not that into the new image either. It's a bit electro, something I'm glad they're not. New ep is no way near as cool as the old one but live shows are so good

Anonymous said...

Saw them on RAGE playing "We are Amphibious" at 2 in the morning. thats when ALL the best mmusic is on. loved the song

Anonymous said...

these guys r insane live... the best gig ive seen in a long long time