Remixes

**MP3s removed until I find out why the IFPI is complaining**

As any regular reading would probably know, I'm no fan of remixes. This is simply because the vast majority of them aren't needed. They tend to just hack up a decent track and stick a fat beat on it, hoping to cash in on the fame of the original. It's a blunt and cynical view, but hey, its all too often true. But that's not to say I'm a total hater. When a remix comes along that enhances the original and brings something new to the table, I'll gladly respect it. Here's a couple that have recently caught my fancy.

MGMT - Electric Feel (Aeroplane Remix)
I came across this version at a party. Everyone was sitting back and relaxing when it came on, perfectly fitting the chilled atmosphere. It's so unassuming, never trying too hard to show off the sample. In fact it's really a song in it's own right. It takes the core elements of Electric Feel, spreads them out, adds a sweet bass line and produces an awesome laid back track.

Shout Out Louds - Impossible (It's Possible Remix by Studio)
While never really getting into the Shout Out Louds, I've always had a soft spot for this song. When I heard this version on the radio, I was impressed with how it brought out the track's strengths. The prominent bass elements help to fuel the natural feeling of excitement, while the added texture and reverb add to the song's warm, rich vibe.

Also, while looking for a copy of the Shout Out Louds remix, I came across this article on a site called BiBaBiDi. It takes a similar line of, "the world is full of terrible remixes, but here's some good ones". For the remix fans out there, it's worth a look.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

btw i love your blog although i have just stumbled upon it =)
Love the new pictures you got there! Please come visit my site Tennessee Internet Resource Business Yellowpages when you got time.

Anonymous said...

btw i love your blog although i have just stumbled upon it =)
Love the new pictures you got there! Please come visit my site Tennessee Internet Resource Business Yellowpages when you got time.

Anonymous said...

Well, nice article buddy… Someone will love to read this infor if I tell her about this. She’s really interested in this subject. Thanks again… Please come visit my site Lubbock Yellow Page Business Directory when you got time.

rr8004 said...

Thank you for your good humor and for allowing yourself to be convinced that this was the right show for you to work on. Please come visit my site Directory Atlanta City when you got time.

rr8004 said...

Thank you for your good humor and for allowing yourself to be convinced that this was the right show for you to work on. Please come visit my site Atlanta Business Services And Classifieds when you got time.

rr8004 said...

Nice blog design. This seems like it would be a very interesting blog to keep up with. Please come visit my site Directory Glendale City when you got time.

rr8004 said...

Nice blog design. This seems like it would be a very interesting blog to keep up with. Please come visit my site Glendale Business Services And Classifieds when you got time.

rr8004 said...

This is just another reason why I like your website. I like your style of writing you tell your stories without out sending us to 5 other sites to complete the story. Please come visit my site St. Louis Business Services And Classifieds when you got time.

rr8004 said...

This is just another reason why I like your website. I like your style of writing you tell your stories without out sending us to 5 other sites to complete the story. Please come visit my site Missouri MO Phone Directory when you got time.

rr8004 said...

I always look forward to your new posts, I learn more compared to school. Always looking forward. Thank you. Please come visit my site Chula Vista Business Services And Classifieds when you got time.

rr8004 said...

I always look forward to your new posts, I learn more compared to school. Always looking forward. Thank you. Please come visit my site California CA Phone Directory when you got time.