Homebake

Lately it seems like not a week goes by where a new music festival isn’t announced. Now I’m not saying this is a bad thing, especially for someone as…economically minded…as myself, but honestly, we seem to be going overboard. Well before there was a different festival every fortnight, there was Homebake, what remains as Australia’s premier local music festival. With an extremely impressive line up announced, I thought it would be fitting to go through some of the fantastic bands that will be showcasing their talent come December 2. Don’t worry if you don’t have a ticket, neither do I (it hasn’t stopped me in the past!). Basically this feature is more about me telling you what I think of a bunch of Aussie bands than the actual festival itself. It was just that so many bands I wanted to discuss happened to be attending so I thought I’d kill two birds with one stone. I have analysed the line up, breaking it down into some form of categories and every day from now to Dec 1st I’ll be bringing you all you need to know about this fine collection of Aussie talent. As always, enjoy!

Bands I have Already Written About

Big Name Bands That Don't Interest Me
  • You Am I
  • Something For Kate
  • Eskimo Joe
  • The Buterfly Effect
Bands That Belong To Crappy Genres And Are Therefore Crappy Themselves
  • Hilltop Hoods
  • Macromantics
  • N'fa
  • Scribe
  • Infusion
  • Kid Kenobi & MC Shureshock
  • Mountains in the Sky
  • Parkway Drive
  • The Vaine
Solo Artists
  • Angus & Julia Stone
  • Bob Evans
  • Tom Cooney
  • Toni Collette & The Finish
  • Jen Cloher & The Endless Sea
  • Gotye
Novelty Acts
  • Bjorn Again
  • The Models
Big Bands That I Like But Hadn't Written About Yet

The Next Crop

Wild Cards

Jukebox (Coming Soon)

3 comments:

Tom said...

If The Basics werent playing the lineup would be daft. They lower that fence a metre or so for me. See you on 'the inside'!

Peter said...

Yeah I love The Basics, can't wait for them. But I still think the lineup would be worth it without them

Ericwipe287 said...

It sounds yummy!! Ha Ha!!!


dentists edinburgh