Monday Mix #5

This week saw the arrival of the 100, 000th visitor to this site. Yay! To celebrate my ascension into the 6-figure club, you get 6 songs in today’s mix. More yay!

We Will Become Silhouettes - The Shins
It didn’t take long for these guys to feature again. I just can’t get over how different it sounds to the original and how well it stands on it’s own.

VioletsCandy Bars
This band has a really bizarre singing style that almost sounds like whispering. However now that I’ve gotten used to it, I enjoy their music for its warmth and emotion.

Why Does the Sun Shine? - They Might Be Giants
Does the fact that I find these guys hilarious make me a nerd? Probably. Do I care? Nope.

MARIASoft Tigers
By now there shouldn’t be anyone out there who hasn’t heard this song, but with the recent release of their video for it, I thought it deserved a mention. Watch the video here. It’s a masterpiece

Baby We’ll Be FineThe National
This band has been in the back of my consciousness for a while now so I thought it was about time I gave them a mention. They can occasionally come off a bit bland, but when you let yourself get caught up in their music it can be quite moving.

Find A WaySmoosh
What were you doing when you were 12?

2 comments:

Nick Fulton said...

I'm a Friendly Foreigner, I've been reading your blog for months now and love it. Cheers

nickystardust.blogspot.com

Peter said...

cheers mate!