Monday Mix #10

AdventureBe Your Own Pet
Sometimes Be Your Own Pet can be a little too in-your-face for my liking, but there’s no doubt that they’re bursting with energy. This song has always been a favourite and I can imagine it being pretty fun live.

Liquorice Nights - Sly Hats
And now a song that compliments Be Your Own Pet perfectly. It’s the side project of Geoff from Crayon Fields, in case you hadn’t already noticed. It may be incredibly similar to his normal work, but it has enough variations to give it its own flavour

The Sodom And Gomorrah Show - Pet Shop Boys
For no apparent reason, I was convinced that I wouldn’t like Pet Shop Boys. It probably had something to do with the generalised pigeon-holing known as genres, but that’s another story. When I actually gave them a listen, I found plenty to enjoy

Great DayD’arcy
About a year back, I heard about this band however it appeared as if they had disappeared off the face of the planet. Well now they’re back and things are looking pretty exciting.

AtlasBattles
Battles' recent release, Mirrors, would have to be one of the most whacked albums I’ve heard in a while. I think this song goes a little long, but then again I think that about anything over 4 minutes. It’s still good though.

No comments: