Parades

Parades are one of those bands that excite you. The bands that make you really appreciate music and in some cases, want to go home and write it yourself. It sounds lame, but if you've ever gone to see a band and spent the whole time with a big grin on your face, you'll know what I mean. What makes this even more special is the fact that Parades have managed to induce this feeling in me so early in their career. They've only been gigging for close to 4 months, yet both times I've managed to catch them, they have impressed me across the board. With both quality and potential on their side, Parades are certainly one to watch.

Shut Up And Be Young
This is the song they've put out to radio and would probably be their most single-like. This statement in itself demonstrates that they're not all about nicely packaged pop hooks, instead opting for a darker, more complex sound. Their music definitely has a distinct Kid A feel to it.

The Replicant
I like this song because it really highlights the strength of their multiple vocalists. After listening to Fleet Foxes, you can never underestimate the importance of a good voice (or three).

I must admit that their recorded material doesn't excite me quite like their live show. But I think when it comes to an emerging band, thats not a problem. It's all about immersing yourself in the energy that comes with being so fresh. Last time I saw them, I was really impressed by their powerful last song. Turns out it was written that day, just so they had enough material for a 40 minute set. I can't wait to see how they evolve.

Keep an eye out for their debut EP which is due to arrive very soon.

No comments: