Catchups

Apologies for the lack of decent content in the last couple of weeks. I'll make up for it soon, I promise. Maybe. In the meantime, here's a few things I'd like to say.

Youth Group's new album is great. I've been giving it plenty of play time and it's really paying off. I always knew they made beautiful music, but now I know how addictive it can be, once you get to know it. The Night Is Ours is one of those albums where every song is as good as the last.

In My Dreams

The Curse of Company's album, Leo Magnets Joins A Gang, is now out on Dangerbird Records. Read about the band here and visit them there.

Keeping to the Sydney theme, you should all get excited because The Devoted Few will soon be making a return. Their new album is sounding terrific and inside sources say their live show, which they secretly showcased last Thursday, is as good as ever. Download one of their new tracks from their website and look out for some shows (and the album) very soon.

Completely killing the Sydney theme, it's also worth mentioning that Sunny Day Sets Fire, the band who did the impossible, are continuing to impress me. I must admit, some times I feel like I've heard it all before, which could indicate their sound is a rather generic one. But at the same time, I don't care. Every track has it's own personality and they all form a great pop album. I always know I can stick it on and not be disappointed.

Teenagers

2 comments:

GatesyGirl said...

I totally agree with Sunny Day Sets Fire.. I got this album on your recommendation and love it. Some of the songs kind of blend into one another still and almost sound a little bit like The Little Ones mixed with Vampire Weekend, but still I am so happy with my purchase!

Peter said...

I'm glad you like it! The Little Ones is a very good comparison. What ever happened to them anyway? I haven't listened since that old EP....to the google mobile!