"New Zealand's Dappled"

Something about the above words struck a chord with me when I heard them last night. They were used to describe The Boat People. Now considering that they're actually from Brisbane, it was probably the comparison to Dappled Cities that I found intriguing. This may have been a bit of a stretch with some of The Boat People's earlier material, but with this latest single, I can certainly see the parallels. It has me quite excited for the arrival of their new album, Chandeliers, some time in July.

Awkward Orchid Ochard

Also here's the video for this song. I'm not so sure about the "how many band names can you spot" gimmick they're running with, but it's a interesting video nonetheless.



And speaking of their earlier material, it's actually very good. Yesyesyesyesyes is quite a solid album. If you're looking for some quirky pop music, I'd definitely recommend picking it up. Here's a track from it:

Unsettle My Heart

The Boat People are about to embark on mini tour for their Awkward Orchid Orchard single. Check their myspace for local details. Unfortunately for us, the Sydney gig is at The Vanguard, which is way too formal for my liking (tables?). But when you toss in support from Cloud Control (who have a killer new track), it should be a good night regardless.

No comments: